Re: Maintainer for git?

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 03:40:17PM -0400, David Conrad wrote:

> >> I've tried this.  I have `git cvsimport` seemingly working on the
> >> current Git 1.7.9 build, while my build reports the following SHA1
> >> error:
> >
> > Probably not going to solve this issue (I can't anything about CVS in
> > the changelog), but you noticed that 1.9.0 had been released recently?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Frank
> >

> Has there been any movement at all on git in the last six weeks?

Afraid not.  This is simply blocked on me finding time to do this, or
someone else somehow working out what's going wrong.

The problem appears to be something in my toolchain.  As I've previously
mentioned, the currently available version works correctly for me, but
if I try to build the same code, I get the same erroneous behaviour that
I see when I try to build a more recent version.

> What is "git-cvs"? There's no cygwin package by that name listed by setup.exe.

It's the part of Git that interacts with CVS repositories.  Notably,
this includes the Cygwin source code.  I've followed Yaakov's lead over
at Cygwin Ports in splitting this off from the main Git package, which
is why it's not (currently) a package in Cygwin.