Objective Systems, Inc.
REAL WORLD ASN.1 AND XML SOLUTIONS
Tel: +1 (484) 875-9841
Fax: +1 (484) 875-9830
Toll-free: (877) 307-6855 (USA only)
http://www.obj-sys.com

On Apr 25 14:11, Douglas Coup wrote:
On Apr 25 11:30, Douglas Coup wrote:
I downloaded the x86/cygwin-inst-20140425.tar.xz file.  I assume all
I need to do is run tar xvf against this file?  From the output it
certainly looked like it installed the files.
No.  Just download the DLL and only install the DLL in place of the old
DLL.  Installing the tar inst file under Cygwin doesn't effectively
replace the Cygwin DLL.  You should exit all(!) Cygwin processes, mopve
the release DLL out of the way, and move the new DLL in place.
Good shooting, Corinna.  The problem has gone away with the new DLL.
Good to know.  Can you please try something else?  I'm wondering if
that's not a problem analogue of the one described in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948252.

The "fix" from that KB applied to your case:

- Revert to the release Cygwin DLL.

- Delete the .blf files and the .regtrans-ms files from your
   %Windir%\System32\SMI\Store\Machine folder.

- Try the failing rm -f scenario again.

Does that fix the problem, too?  If not, I'm back to blaming Perforce.
I tried these steps, but the rm -f command still fails with the original cygwin1.dll in place.

Thanks,
Corinna