Re: Testers needed: New passwd/group handling in Cygwin

Achim Gratz <Stromeko <at> NexGo.DE> writes:
> I guess it does: the mapping that gets created from AD is sometimes 1049120
> instead of 544.  That depends on the settings in nsswitch.conf and whether
> an /etc/group file exists at all or contains an entry for Administrators.  I
> guess that once this behaviour is stable (and maps to 544 in every case) the
> problem that Perl is having also goes away.

I've installed todays snapshot and removed passwd, group and nsswitch.conf.
 So far everything looks OK (while I'm wired to the local network, wireless
and VPN testing will have to wait).  The Administrators group maps to 544 as
it should and Perl correctly determines accessibility of files and
directories via the ACL.

Regards,
Achim.