Re: Enquiry on Cygwin function - file sharing between Windows and Windows

On 5/9/2014 2:33 AM, Marco Atzeri wrote:
On 09/05/2014 11:07, Marco Lau wrote:
Dear Cygwin,

Further to FAQ 4.28, we know that Cygwin can provide a SCP protocol
for file sharing between Unix and Windows and we have been using this
tool for years.

My question is, can we do the same thing for file sharing between
Windows and Windows?

I know there are huge number of sftp applications can serve for the
purpose but I am really interested can Cygwin support file sharing
between Windows Servers platform.

Thanks & regards,
Marco

yes ,
of course as with Unix you need to install and run the ssh server.

Which, luckily, comes with Cygwin! Yes install the OpenSSH package in Cygwin and Cygwin with OpenSSH and on the remote Windows server. Run ssh-host-config to set up the service and scp (or sftp) to your heart's content...
--
Andrew DeFaria
http://defaria.com