Re: Emacs-w32... still crashing...

On 5/21/2014 4:14 PM, Zdzislaw Meglicki wrote:
It just crashed on me again, after a couple of days
of no crashes at all. The versions of everything
are unchanged since my last message. But this
time, and this is new, I have not seen it before,
it did not give me the gdb option. Instead it just
crashed and said: "Segmentation fault (core dumped)..."
I have the core, though I don't know if it's going to
be of much use to anyone. I have been reading
mail, scrolling through the messages, with rmail at the
time.

You only get the prompt to attach gdb if the exception is caught by emacs, which then calls emacs_abort. If the exception is handled at a higher level, this won't happen. The best thing is to just start emacs under gdb to begin with.

Ken