Re: No threads/process support in Clisp

On 05/22/2014 04:26 PM, F. Nikita Thomas wrote:
Hello,
I finally feel confident enough to try processes/threads in Lisp,
however when I evaluate *features* in the repl, I don't see MT:, so no
thread support. Is there a way to rebuild clisp for this
functionality? Clisp version is 2.48, Cygwin version 1.7.27. Any help
or advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

First a disclaimer - I don't use CLISP.

A quick search of the web turned up this:

<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8528766/does-clisp-support-thread>

So if you pull the source from setup*.exe for the package and fit the
"--with-threads" switch into whatever configury it uses, that should do it.
Of course, you need all the dependent development package libraries
and development tools too.  If the sound of all this doesn't sap your
confidence, go for it.

--
Larry