Re: It's back -- "gcc: error: spawn: No such file or directory"

>> Try removing /bin from your path entirely.

> I'd rather suggest removing /usr/bin

> --
> WBR,
> Andrey Repin (anrdaemon@yandex.ru) 31.05.2014, <22:59>
_____

Tried that too (set PATH to just /bin) - same result.

Where is spawn normally located? Is it possible that the library file that normally contains it is actually missing, mis-located or corrupted, so that spawn can't be found? Is there a workaround, possibly involving fork() and exec()? I gather that spawn() is not POSIX-compliant (CMIIW - correct me if I'm wrong).

David Friedman (re-originator of this thread)