Re: Website: Package listing not working + cygport query

On 2014-06-17 10:32, Christopher Faylor wrote:
I'm surprised that I haven't seen this before: The name that you used to
generate your packages was "David Stacey/None".  My parser wasn't
expecting a name with a space and I didn't detect the fact that the
parsing failed (#($& just realized that I forgot to fix that).  So it
was just outputting a '0' size, one per line.

Yaakov, wouldn't it make sense not to just use 0/0 as user/group when
generating packages with cygport by forcing --owner=0, --group=0 to the
tar command?  I'm not suggesting that this is the right way to fix this
particular problem but I don't think it's a good idea to leak people's
names and groups out onto the interwebs if we can help it.  It will also
make the packages slightly smaller.

That would undermine any legitimate specification of gid/uid. I would like to see how this is handled in the Linux distros first.

Yaakov