Re: Problems installing man-db

Chris J. Breisch writes:
> Achim Gratz wrote:
>> Crashed the same way as the postinstall script.  However, "mandb -dc" ran
>> through and the postinstall script now finishes.
>>
> Odd. Ok, I'll do some digging into this and see what I can find. I can
> change the postinstall script to do a "mandb -dc" for now, I
> guess. The "-d" output goes to stderr, I see.

Based on the characteristics of the crash I'd say that there is a race
somewhere and the debug output serializes things enough for this not to
become a problem.  It didn't even appreciably slow down the creation of
the database from what I could tell.  NB: I was testing on a quad-core
w/ SSD, but the mandatory virus scanner inserts itself on each file
operation of course.

Regards,
Achim.