RE: developing 32-bit and 64-bit in a shared environment

-----Original Message-----
From: Achim Gratz

Nellis, Kenneth writes:
> Now, I want to share my Cygwin $HOME directory between the two
> environments.  I already keep my binaries in $HOME/bin/$(arch) and
> $HOME/lib/$(arch), so they are covered. And, of course /usr/bin has to
> continue to point to the separate Cygwin environments.

Make a user mount table in /etc/fstab.d/<user> and populate it with the appropriate mount points (most of those will be bind mounts).  In addition, I like to keep the other Cygwin installation accessible via the system /etc/fstab as /mnt/cygwin32 and /mnt/cygwin64 respectively, if you want to be able to install directly into these from the other Cygwin you also need to re-create the ...usr/bin and ..usr/lib mount points there.  Anything I've had in /usr/src has been moved to /mnt/share as well.  That actually works a bit too well, so I've resorted to giving the shell windows different colors so I can remember which Cygwin I'm working with.

Thanx! I've changed my $PS1 prompts to keep straight which Cygwin I'm using based on $(arch).
What'd be really cool is if separate Cygwin[-Terminal].ico icons would distinguish which bit-version
I'm using. Yeah, I know, PTC. :-)
-Ken Nellis