Re: Minires truncates host names

"Pierre A. Humblet" wrote:
> To me it looks like the string was already truncated when it was passed to
> the function.
>
> You can test e.g. by using exim -d+resolver  -bt   daniel@cygwin.com
>
> It's wonderful that you got sendmail to work.
>
> Pierre

Thanks for the swift reply!

I looked at Sendmails' source code. Here's the snippet which produces the output
from my first email. It's taken from the file sendmail/domain.c:

                        sm_dprintf("dns_getcanonname: trying %s.%s (%s)\n",
                                host, *dp,
# if NETINET6
                                qtype == T_AAAA ? "AAAA" :
# endif /* NETINET6 */
                                qtype == T_A ? "A" :
                                qtype == T_MX ? "MX" :
                                "???");
                errno = 0;
                ret = res_querydomain(host, *dp, C_IN, qtype,
                                      answer.qb2, sizeof(answer.qb2));

As you can see, it first prints the host to be looked up, and then passes the string
unaltered to res_querydomain.

I will create a source release, so it can be tested.

Daniel