Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: TeX Live 2014

On 7/6/2014 3:29 PM, Marco Atzeri wrote:

On 04/07/2014 03:34, Ken Brown wrote:
On 7/3/2014 4:49 PM, Marco Atzeri wrote:
On 02/07/2014 01:16, Ken Brown wrote:
Cygwin's TeX Live packages have been updated to the latest upstream
release, TeX Live 2014.

Question:
is python3 really a requirement ?

I relied on cygport for the requirements, and it found python3 as a
requirement for seven of the collections.  I've taken a quick look at a
couple of them, and I suspect that python3 shouldn't really be required.
  But I'm not sure it's worth the trouble to go carefully through all
seven to be sure.

Ken

I suggest to review the requirements
currently on cygwin64 texlive is pulling both python and python3

All of the python3 requirements are bogus, and I'll remove them. But TeX Live contains many python scripts, so certainly some of the packages should and do require python.

I have strong doubts about both, and I do't see why texlive
should require numpy

See /usr/share/texmf-dist/scripts/pgfplots/pgfplots.py (from texlive-collection-pictures).

Ken