Re: Minires truncates host names

Hi Pierre,

"Pierre A. Humblet" wrote:

> You are right, there is a bug in res_querydomain,
> Line 737 *(ptr++ - 1) = '.';   should be
> *ptr++ = '.';
>
> I would also add a debug printf at the top of the function:
> DPRINTF(statp->options & RES_DEBUG, "querydomain \"%s\"  \"%s\" type %d\n",
> Name, DomName, Type);
>
> Unfortunately I am not setup to build Cygwin so I can't test the above nor
> submit a proper patch.

Just letting you know how it went with the Resolver (miniedit). The error, pointed
out by you, solved the problem.

Now I have an even bigger problem. Sendmail works perfectly. But only on my XP
machine. As of Windows Vista, MS decided to remove certain privileges from the
SYSTEM user.

As a consequence, SYSTEM is no longer able to perform the 'setuid' function. This is
very much needed, since local mail has to be delivered by a mail delivery agent,
like procmail, running under the recipient's credentials.