Re: Emacs flyspell mode can't get process lock

On 7/25/2014 4:30 AM, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
(setq text-mode-hook '(lambda ()
                         (auto-fill-mode 1)
                         (flyspell-mode 1)))

(setq csv-mode-hook '(lambda ()
                        (auto-fill-mode 0)
                        (flyspell-mode 0)))

Sorry, I still can't reproduce the problem. Here's what I did: I created a .emacs file with the contents above, I created a text file foo.txt, and I started emacs from an xterm window by typing "emacs foo.txt". emacs started up and give me the following message in the mode line:

  Starting new Ispell process [/usr/bin/aspell::default] ...

Spell checking works as expected.

Maybe strace would give you some clue as to what's going on.

Ken