Re: Simplify AD integration?

I have not been actively watching this thread but if I'm correct we're adding NIS like capabilities to Cygwin so that /etc/passwd can easily be filled with say everybody in the domain? If so then bravo!

I also take it that it's not ready yet either. When it is, how would I install it?

So I'd like to ask a few questions to which I'd like to have some brief
answers, kind of like a poll, to get a better idea how we should
proceed:

1. Shall we remove the leading '+' from the builtin account names
    or shall we keep it?

2. Shall we stick to '+' as the separator char or choose another one?
    If so, which one?

How about "@"?

3. Shall we keep the `db_prefix' variability or choose one of
    the prefixing methods and stick to it?  If so, which one, auto,
    primary, or always?

Bonus question:

4. Should Cygwin downcase all usernames when generating the Cygwin
    username, so, if your Windows username is 'Ralph', your Cygwin
    username will be 'ralph'?

I say downshift them!
--
Andrew DeFaria