Re: Why does df fail to stat CIFS shares?

Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:
> The call to NtQueryVolumeInformationFile() in
> fhandler_disk_file::fstatvfs() in fhandler_disk_file.cc (line 737ff),
> fails with STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER.  This is a NetApp bug, but we may
> be able to workaround it.

The bug (if there is one) is that the driver should return
STATUS_INVALID_INFO_CLASS since it quite obviously doesn't support that info
class request.  Falling back to FileFsSizeINformation does and returns
sensible values for all NetApp volumes.  Since at least all NetApp volumes
here run without quotas anyway, no information loss occurs IIUC.

Regards,
Achim.