Re: Windows Server 2012R2 64bit and 32bit Cygwin sshd

On Sep  2 16:24, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:
> > I have no idea what could be wrong in your environment, sorry.
>
> Some more information: up until the check for /etc/nologin everything works.
>  Things fall apart when sshd tries to switch to the user logging on.  I've
> traced this again, sshd apparently then tries to use the user token to set
> the primary group and gets the predictable error "0xC000005B --
> STATUS_INVALID_PRIMARY_GROUP".

This is a red herring.  The 0xC000005B status code returned by
NtSetInformationToken is not at all fatal, nor is it an exception.

The only exceptions in this code occur right after figuring
out the DC, when calling functions to request user or group information
from the DC, NetUserGetGroups and NetUserGetLocalGroups.  But these
are first chance exceptions for the debugger.  They don't occur if
no debugger is present.

However, for some reason, when this exception occurs in the sshd grand
child which is (probably) supposed to execve the shell, this exception
appears to be fatal suddenly.  There's no hint at all why, given that
it's a simple "access denied".

This is really unexpected.  We can try to workaround that, but it's
puzzeling that this should be required at all.

Corinna

Red Hat