Re: Windows Server 2012R2 64bit and 32bit Cygwin sshd

On Sep  4 11:23, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:
> > You already built your own Cygwin DLL, right?  What you could do is to
> > do some good old printf debugging.  First let's try to find out if it's
> > really one of the NetUser calls:
>
> It looks like I need to install more than the DLL to make this work?

No.

> I couldn't start cygserver as a service with (just) the built DLL in place.

No idea why.  The patch just adds debug output to strace ouptput, nothing
else.

> So I started it in debug mode from the command line (which makes it have
> less rights than it needs) and started the sshd in debug mode also.

In a cyg_server GUI session?  If so, you should have all rights required
when starting this in an elevated shell.

> Due to
> presumably the missing rights mentioned I could only log in with an
> administrative account (domain account, but restricted to run on  the server
> only).  I didn't get any failure from the debug_printf instrumented
> functions.  With my normal user account I got a "/bin/bash: Operation not
> permitted".  The cygserver debug output also showed unfettered access to the
> AD.  With the sshd running without privilege separation I've noticed some
> requests to the cygserver that seemed to indicate memory corruption:  Early
> on in starting the daemon it would normally try to get account information
> for Administrators:544, but the debug output from cygserver was showing
> sshdrs as the account name being asked for.  Also there are (probably
> unrelated since they are also present on x86_64) complaints about requests
> of illegal length (11).

Ok, I don't grok this.  If you have trouble with cygserver, which is
completely unrelated to this issue, please discuss this in a new thread
and please describe detailed what you did to provoke the problem and
paste what you see.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat