Re: Packages up for adoption

On 19/09/2014 16:31, Warren Young wrote:
On 9/18/2014 11:44, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:

I'm looking for any volunteers to take over
maintainership of the following packages: ... hexedit

I could do hexedit.

I downloaded the source package, and was happy to see that you'd
cygported it already.  It looks to be pretty rarely updated, which is
nice from a maintainership standpoint.

I have a couple of questions:

1. There doesn't seem to be a mailing list for the project at its home,
which is now http://rigaux.org/  (The cygport file gives an older URL.)
  How do you learn about new releases?

I suspect the updated rate is very very low for this time of sources.
(similar to bvi that is taking 10 years from 1.3.2 to 1.4.0 release candidate)

2. I built it from the cygport, and the result seems to work, except
that the function keys aren't being interpreted correctly.  Is this a
problem in MinTTY, in the terminal protocol I've selected (xterm-color),
or in hexedit?  If the latter, I think I'm signing up to release a -2 to
fix it.

3. Is there a good reason for this to remain in the distro along with
bvi, other than "it's not vi"?

that the last upstream version is already packed, so you can also do nothing for the time being ?

 ;-)
Marco