Re: what path to use that is not DOS??

On 10/08/2014 01:55 PM, Linda Walsh wrote:
> I get this message the 1st time logging in via 'rlogin':
>
>  MS-DOS style path detected:
> /Windows/System32/cygwin/usr/spool/mail/Bliss/law
>  Preferred POSIX equivalent is:
> /Windows/System32/cygwin/usr/spool/mail/Bliss/law

Could any prefix of that path be a symlink with questionable contents?
For example, if /Windows is a symlink to 'c:/' instead of '/cygdrive/c',
that might explain the cryptic error message being reported on the
pre-symlink expansion name although the name being warned about is
post-symlink expansion.  At any rate, you are right that it is an
awkward message, so it would be nice to get to a root cause of what you
did that provoked it to make the message nicer, as well as letting you
fix your root cause.