Re: lwp-request stopped working with snapshots

On Oct 14 21:41, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen writes:
> > lwp-request is one of the tools using connect to try if a former
> > non-blocking connect worked.  This is ugly but, sigh, valid behaviour,
>
> What should it be doing instead?  LWP upstream has switched to a new
> maintainer recently IIRC, so it might be a good time to suggest a few
> cleanups.

Calling select or poll instead.  But, anyway, uglyness is in the eye of
the beholder and ultimately it *is* a valid approach and it worked
before.  So it was clearly a newly introduced bug in Cygwin.

> > The latest changes to the socket code didn't take this scenario into
> > account.  I applied a fix and uploaded a new snashot to
> > https://cygwin.com/snapshots/
> >
> > Please give it a try.
>
> I sure will do this first thing tomorrow, thanks!

Oh, good!  I just realized that I missed to handle EALREADY, so I
applied YA patch and just replaced the snapshot with a new one.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat