Re: Crash in g_file_monitor on 32-bit Cygwin

On 2014-10-14 14:28, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
I know the code is not yours, but I have to vent while I see this code :)

Actually, this isn't the first time you're seeing this code, it's just been a while. :-)

There's no reason to load GetVolumePathName from kernel32 since all supported
platforms provide this entry point.

They didn't when this code was written.

How old is this code?

2006.

What *exactly* is this function trying to check?

gamin enforces permissions on its sockets, which will fail on FAT partitions for obvious reasons, so we need to bypass those checks in that case.

Obviously this code is overdue for an update, which I'll try to do later today.

Yaakov