Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: emacs-24.3.93-3 [TEST]

On 10/16/2014 9:20 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
On 10/16/2014 4:22 PM, Jon TURNEY wrote:
I have been suffering from some crashes with emacs-X11 24.3.93-3 on
x86_64

This seems to have crossed my threshold of apathy, so I've been running
emacs under gdb with a breakpoint on emacs_abort (since it seems to die
with SIGABORT which can't be usefully backtraced...)

I get a backtrace starting as follows (full backtrace is attached):
[...]

The first thing that strikes me is the Lisp backtrace, which is almost
300 lines long and keeps repeating the same calls:

"redisplay_internal (C function)" (0x93baf8)
"redisplay" (0x8100b8)
"sit-for" (0x8102f0)
"minimap-update" (0x810668)
"apply" (0x810660)
"byte-code" (0x8107d0)
"timer-event-handler" (0x810b78)
"input-pending-p" (0x810e68)
"sit-for" (0x8110a0)
"minimap-update" (0x811418)
[...]
"input-pending-p" (0x8391b8)
"sit-for" (0x8393f0)
"minimap-update" (0x839768)
"apply" (0x839760)
"byte-code" (0x8398d0)
"timer-event-handler" (0x839c78)

Is it possible that minimap-update has gone into an infinite recursion?
  Or is this kind of lisp backtrace normal for you (e.g., if you stop
emacs and examine the backtrace at random times)?  I'm afraid I don't
know anything about minimap, but the first thing I'd do is try to figure
out what's going on with minimap-update.

If this turns out not to be the issue, then I think you would need an unoptimized build for further debugging. I can provide one for you.

Ken