Re: Setup 2.774 texlive postinstall takes 10+ hours

On 10/20/2014 10:09 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
On 10/20/2014 6:38 PM, Don MacDougall wrote:
I downloaded Setup.exe version 2.850 (32 bit) on Oct 18, 2014 and used
it to
install cygwin from scratch on an Asus Eee notebook with Atom N455
cpu.  I
tried to install only the default packages but it seems like that took
about
8 hours to download overnight.  The install went okay until it came to
the
/etc/postinstall/texlive-collection-basic.sh which seemed to hang for at
least 12 hours.  Thinking it was hung I canceled the install, but then I
found this longish thread going back several years, so I restarted the
install and let it run for at least 24 hours and see no more
happening.  It
sits the whole time on this script.  The "Total:" line shows 99% done and
the "Package:" line shows zero progress the whole time.

Is there a way to install Cygwin without installing this package, which
seems to have been included in the default selection?

I don't know what happened, but you must have inadvertently selected
some packages to install that you didn't intend to choose.  There are no
texlive packages in a default installation.

Did you by any chance click on the word "Default" near the top of the screen? If so, it would have changed to "Install", which means you've chosen to install everything.

Ken