Re: Latex font problem

>This is discussed in the texlive release announcement

>  https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2014-07/msg00000.html

>under the heading "Fontconfig".  See also

>  https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2014-05/msg00020.html

>Yaakov, could we get a fontconfig update that fixes this?

>Thanks.

>Ken

Having read that post and already seen the discussion about the Windows fonts folder I can understand that it should not be the responsibility of fontconfig to include (and by implication keep up to date) the latex fonts. Maybe I could suggest the texlive-collection-* packages add the appropriate folder in a file/symlinked file in /etc/fonts/conf.d as well as calling fc-cache, then the responsibility is clearly placed on one (collection of) package(s) to do this.

Anyway, I'm sure you have better ideas, how to deal with this than I, so we'll add the workaround to our documentation build instructions. Thanks for the info.

Phil