Re: occasional failure to look up

On Nov 24 21:46, Habermann, David (D) wrote:
> > > Stopping the terminal and restarting cygserver is not sufficient?
> > > Also, does this also happen if you don't start cygserver at all?
> >
> > I've not tried either of these ... and I'm not sure if it happens at
> > every reboot now or not (I rarely reboot).  I'll see if I can
> > reproduce it.
> >
> > > When the problem occurs, can you provide an strace from id?
> > >
> > >  $ strace -o id.trace /usr/bin/id
> >
> Finally got a recurrence today.  Strace is attached.

Thanks.  Unfortunately it's not useful, becasue the actual problem
occured inside Cygserver.  What I need would be the problem captured
by running cygserver from the command line like this:

  $ strace -o cygserver.trace /usr/sbin/cygserver -d 2> cygserver.stderr

and see the two files cygserver.trace and cygserver.stderr.

> I can't really stop cygserver only, as (discussed here earlier) I've
> created dependencies.  When I attempt to shut down cygserver, I get
> prompted that the others must also be shut down.

That's a bit of a problem for debugging.  Did you notice my mail
https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-11/msg00480.html, btw?

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat