RE: occasional failure to look up

> Thanks.  Unfortunately it's not useful, becasue the actual problem
> occurred inside Cygserver.  What I need would be the problem captured
> by running cygserver from the command line like this:

>  $ strace -o cygserver.trace /usr/sbin/cygserver -d 2> cygserver.stderr

> and see the two files cygserver.trace and cygserver.stderr.

Will do the next time I see this...too bad I didn't see your e-mail earlier this morning, as I had another recurrence today after a windows-update-forced-reboot.

>> I can't really stop cygserver only, as (discussed here earlier) I've
>> created dependencies.  When I attempt to shut down cygserver, I get
>> prompted that the others must also be shut down.

> That's a bit of a problem for debugging.

I'll remove those dependencies for now to aid in debugging.  I can add them back later.

> Did you notice my mail https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-11/msg00480.html, btw?

I had not.  Somehow I'm not surprised that we have "historical junk" in our AD, and (of course) I don't have access to do any cleanup.

> Still, some debugging on affected systems might be enlightening.

I'll be happy to do anything of interest.  As a starter, I'm going to see if I can figure out which of my SIDs are being used by the couple of file shares I routinely access from cygwin.