Re: Cygwin AD schema and configuration extensions (was Re: RFC: 1.7.33 problem with user's home directory)

On Nov 27 18:47, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen writes:
> > Ideally, such a configuration extension requires a new tool for Admins.
> > It's not exactly feasible for an Admin to install and maintain the
> > configuration extension in ADSI Edit.
>
> In practise IT would do these edits via a dedicated web interface that
> takes most of its data from the install order form.

-v please?  Is there something available out of the box?  Please keep in
mind that I'm not an admin.  ADSI Edit is perfectly fine for my limited
usage of AD.

> As long as they
> don't have to install any extra interface libraries or server components
> they likely don't have a problem once they know the names and layout.
>
> > At least a CLI tool to install and maintain the settings would be
> > needed.  A GUI tool would be the hit.
>
> I'm not sure how large the user base of this might be.  Around here even
> the AD administrators are pretty much restricted from using any edit
> functionality such tools might provide since all changes must have a
> documentation trail.

Maybe I'm too far off, but to me documentation requirements don't
exclude the use of certain tools...

Corinna

Red Hat