Re: [cygwin] Cygwin's git says "error: failed to read delta-pack base object"

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 6:35 AM, Corinna Vinschen
<corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:

> This looks suspiciously like a bug in the remote filesystem.  Link
> succeeded, so there are two links to the same file in the directory.
> Unlinking link 1 succeeds, so there's still one link to the file in the
> directory, but link 2 is inaccessible as if the file has been deleted
> completely.  Thus, a full POSIX git on this drive is broken.
>
> Can you please run
>
>   /usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo /cygdrive/z
>
> and paste the output here?  Maybe I can workaround this in the next
> Cygwin version.

 Here you go:

$ /usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo /cygdrive/Z
Device Type        : 7
Characteristics    : 10
Volume Name        : <>
Serial Number      : 1646121781
Max Filenamelength : 255
Filesystemname     : <NTFS>
Flags              : c700ff
  FILE_CASE_SENSITIVE_SEARCH  : TRUE
  FILE_CASE_PRESERVED_NAMES   : TRUE
  FILE_UNICODE_ON_DISK        : TRUE
  FILE_PERSISTENT_ACLS        : TRUE
  FILE_FILE_COMPRESSION       : TRUE
  FILE_VOLUME_QUOTAS          : TRUE
  FILE_SUPPORTS_SPARSE_FILES  : TRUE
  FILE_SUPPORTS_REPARSE_POINTS: TRUE
  FILE_SUPPORTS_REMOTE_STORAGE: FALSE
  FILE_VOLUME_IS_COMPRESSED   : FALSE
  FILE_SUPPORTS_OBJECT_IDS    : TRUE
  FILE_SUPPORTS_ENCRYPTION    : TRUE
  FILE_NAMED_STREAMS          : TRUE
  FILE_READ_ONLY_VOLUME       : FALSE
  FILE_SEQUENTIAL_WRITE_ONCE  : FALSE
  FILE_SUPPORTS_TRANSACTIONS  : FALSE

Thanks for looking into this.  FWIW, @Kai on StackExchange has been
able to reproduce the problem. See last comment here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27156413/how-to-configure-cygwin-git-for-two-factor-authentication-at-github-com/27176547?noredirect=1#comment43088817_27176547