Problem with using a packaged cygwin with another cygwin-installation in C:\cygwin

Good afternoon,

we want to distribute a small set of cygwin-based programs (mainly
ffmpeg/ffserver a view utilities and a combining script) in your facility.
The problem is that some of the users have a "normal" cygwin installation
in c:\cygwin, but on a different version, so I get the infamous "heap size
mismatch error. The funny thing is that I get the error only on one way
starting it:

  * let java do a  Runtime.getRuntime().exec("c:\temp\v\sh -l -c
/cygdrive/c/temp/v/s.sh");
  * in the s.sh there are commands like ls or cat

Then the ls/cat (but not the sh!) crashes.

If I start the sh with the same parameters in cmd.exe, it is working fine.
I assume that Java and cmd do the start on different ways (E.g. the
environment variables are quite different). No, doing things like
Runtime.getRuntime().exec("cmd.exe /C c:\temp\v\sh -l -c
/cygdrive/c/temp/v/s.sh"); doesn't help, getting the same error. I assume
that the binaries want to take some optional dlls from c:\cygwin\bin,
which are not compatible...

So:
1. How do I get a list of the optional dlls?
2. (the better way) How can I restrict the executables to use only dlls on
the current directory?

Ah, I'm using 32 bit cygwin on a 64 bit Windows 7 SP1.

Best regards,
Michael Fritscher

--
ZfT - Zentrum für Telematik e.V.