Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 1.7.34-003 (Christmas/New Year release)

Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:
> Which means what for the Cygwin DLL?  Dropping TMP/TEMP from the
> merged Windows env?  It makes sense, I think.  Of course, there will
> be others...

Just for this question: if the Cygwin DLL always handles it no matter what,
then I think these should be dropped.  If they aren't dropped, I'd say at
least sshd would need to override them.  I don't want to enable
PermitUserEnvironment just to deal with these two and sshrc can't be used to
change the environment.  Another idea would be to prefix WIN_ to all
inherited variables so any Cygwin program wanting to use them could pull
them in as needed.

As I said, I'm trying to keep Cygwin and its environment separate from
Windows as much as possible, but others have different ideas about this and
would probably want the opposite.  Maybe some CYGWIN setting would allow to
do one or the other as needed (or always do it, but control the prefix), but
that's of course extra code to maintain and test.

Regards,
Achim.