Re: Failure in merging win-env vars into post-'login'...

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
It seems your home dir is different for some reason.  What does your
/etc/nsswitch.conf look like (if you have one)?  What does

  getent passwd <your username>
----
Same as it ever was...
law.Bliss> getent passwd Bliss\\law
Bliss\law:unused:5013:201:L A Walsh, Trust Technologies, tlinx.org,U-Bliss\law,S-1-5-21-33333-77777-33333-5013:/Users/law.Bliss:/bin/bash

print in a local mintty session, and what does it print in a remote
session via rlogin?  Why on earth are you still using rlogin anyway
instead of ssh?
----
They print the same thing.  mintty doesn't have a smooth scroll option
-- only jump scroll, so I can't see anything that scrolls.  It
seems like if I cat 20 pages of text, mintty show me the last page,
but I don't see an option to turn off jump scrolling.

I'm not "still using" rlogin - I just switched to it recently
for being able to open a local console/shell window using a terminal
It's about 3-5 times faster than ssh.  For added security (besides
the fact that my login isn't going out on the network for a local
console, my windows machine isn't directly connected to the internet
(behind a proxy) so it makes more sense to not use encryption.
It also allows me to use "SecureCRT" (a remote terminal emulator)
that I use to log into my server (even though I have a dedicated
connection to the server).

It *looks*, at this point that my userid isn't being passed from inetd to
rlogind
so it can read the ".rhosts" file in my WIN-HOME (USERPROFILE or
HOMEDRIVE:\HOMEPATH).

Your userid is bound to you token's SID.  For accessing .rhosts the
home dir in your passwd entry must match.
---
Well, it DOES with the old code... with the test code I don't know.
I DO have a local passwd file and my user entry is the same as the above.

My nsswitch.conf is the default (all commented out).