Re: Although advertised on a different Cygwin mailing list ...

On Jan 27 17:05, Andrey Repin wrote:
> Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!
>
> >> Which I did. Satisfied user here. An user which never uses the
> >> keep/current/experimental radio buttons, though (which I consider
> >> superfluous).
>
> > Thanks for testing, and that's a good point.  These radio buttons
> > are rather... weird.  I think it might be a good idea to remove them.
>
> You'd need a way to specify package version as a required prerequisite, as
> some experimental packages depend on specific versions of other packages and
> may not work with different versions.
> The "curr/exp" let you set all packages to same state at once.
> Though, I agree, this is not something I'd use myself.

Apart from "not using them anyway", the radio button mechanism is too
coarse.  What we really need is a dependency mechanism in setup which
automatically chooses the "test" packages of only the dependencies,
if those have "test" packages of their own.  I'm not sure how to do that
in setup right now, but it's certainly something we should look into.

[insert obvious invitation for developers to help]

Corinna

Red Hat