Re: HEADSUP to Emacs users (emacs X11 crash)

On 1/31/2015 3:22 PM, Gulliver Smith wrote:
(reference https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-10/msg00198.html)

I just wanted to report that I reported this problem on another
thread, but just found this one. I continue to experience the bug.

I have just installed 64 bit cygwin with emacs X11 in a new Windows 64
bit virtual machine. The X Server is Cywin X11 in a 64 bit cygwin
install.

Any attempt to run emacs X11 results in

  > Fatal error 12: Bad system callBad system call (core dumped)

I have used the stack size suggestion to make it unreasoably large
(310378496 (0x12800000) bytes) to no effect.

Hope this gets solved soon

The crashes that were discussed in this thread were due to a bug in Cygwin's signal handling (64-bit only), and this was fixed several months ago.

My recollection from your earlier messages is that you had a somewhat unusual situation that I didn't quite understand, and you didn't reply when I asked for a detailed explanation.

If your situation involves X11 forwarding, you should make sure that you have the cygserver service running. If that doesn't help, please start from scratch and make a complete, detailed bug report, with step-by-step instructions for reproducing your problem.

Ken