Re: Texlive Package Problem

On 2/17/2015 2:02 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
Ken Brown writes:
There's no problem here.  /var/lib/texmf/postinstall is used for the
new streamlined TeX Live postinstall process.  The files in it are
markers indicating that something needs to be done, and they are
renamed with ".done" appended when it's done.  The same thing is done
with normal postinstall files in /etc/postinstall, but I guess
cygcheck knows about them.

You could create the marker files in the normal postinstall phase via
script and remove them when you're done.  That way they wouldn't be
packaged and cygcheck would not complain if they're missing.  This is
however a lot less elegant unless cygport could be enhanced to provide
the boilerplate wrappers for that.

I don't know if there's something I should do to avoid this problem or
if cygcheck just needs to be tweaked.

That would be the other option, but I don't know how hard that would be.
If it's already matching on "/etc/postinstall" to do that deed then it
might be a small change to simply just check for
".*/postinstall/<script>.done"

It is already matching on /etc/postinstall; see winsup/utils/dump_setup.cc:check_package_files(). Corinna, what do you think?

Ken