Re: Very slow Cygwin startup on Windows 7

> On Feb 17, 2015, at 2:12 PM, Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
>
> On Feb 17 11:57, Warren Young wrote:
>>

>> I tried, but Iâve retired the last Windows machine I used to build
>> winsup previously, and I didnât want to rebuild the Cygwin build
>> environment on the VM that replaced it just to test the patch.
>
> You can build the entire Cygwin tree on Linux.

That misses the point.  I didnât have a winsup build system in place, and didnât want to spend the 1-2 hours it would have taken to reestablish one.

I tried building the manuals on Mac OS X before sending that first patch, but my package manager of choice doesnât have dblatex yet.

I ended up rebuilding the environment on my Windows 10 test VM.  So, this problem hopefully wonât recur, since this test VM is likely to be promoted to the final version of 10 when it comes out.

> I'm lazyâ

Yes, you are *such* a slug. :)

Itâs applied.