Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 1.7.35-0.4

> Another important change in this release is a change to chmod.  As many
> of you experienced since Cygwin 1.7.34, chmod does not always affect the
> POSIX permission mask as returned by stat(2) or printed by ls(1), due to
> the improved POSIX ACL handling.  As a temporary workaround, chmod now
> checks if secondary groups and users in the ACL have more permissions
> than the primary group.  If so, the permissions of the secondary users
> and groups will be reduced according to the mask given by the new
> primary group permissions.  I.e, chmod 600 will remove all permissions
> from the primary group as well as all secondary user and group entries
> in the ACL.

I have problems running screen on my pc. When I start it, it complains
about the mode of the temporary directory.
"Directory /tmp/uscreens/S-Frank must have mode 700."

With 1.7.35-0.3 I could not chmod the directory manually. I just
upgraded to 1.7.35-0.4 and now I can manually chmod the directory to
700 and start screen again.

But IFAIK previously (not sure when) screen was able to chmod the
directory itself, but now not anymore.

Regards,
Frank