Re: TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 1.7.35-0.3

On Feb 25, 2015, at 9:21 AM, Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:

> Did you set this up with a "Microsoft Accountâ?

Yes.

> Btw., the uid and gid values are wrong.  You *are* using passwd and
> group files, otherwise you would have much bigger uid/gid values.

Oookaaaay.  I thought I just had to remove /etc/{passwd,group}, so that the default âfiles dbâ settings would fail to find files and fall back to db.

Iâve forced db in nsswitch.conf and am now getting the expected high ID values and Users group:

  $ id
  uid=197608(Warren) gid=545(Users) â etc.

So, I suppose the question is, why would I get group=Warren when there are no /etc files and nsswitch.conf is empty?

Iâm going to treat that as a side issue and apply your suggested modification to the chgrp hack.