Re: TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 1.7.35-0.3

On Feb 25, 2015, at 10:47 AM, Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:

> On Feb 25 10:32, Warren Young wrote:
>> On Feb 25, 2015, at 9:21 AM, Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Did you set this up with a "Microsoft Accountâ?
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>>> Btw., the uid and gid values are wrong.  You *are* using passwd and
>>> group files, otherwise you would have much bigger uid/gid values.
>>
>> Oookaaaay.  I thought I just had to remove /etc/{passwd,group}, so
>> that the default âfiles dbâ settings would fail to find files and fall
>> back to db.
>
> It does... if you stopped and restarted your Cygwin processes afterwards,

I was sure I had.  I donât run any cygrunsrv processes on that VM, so I only have to restart MinTTY to make sure Cygwin cleanly reloads.

Nevertheless, moving nsswitch.conf out of the way, restarting, and re-running id(1) continues to result in a high UID.

I donât know what was going on earlier, but the ghost has evaporated now.

The FAQ item change is checked in now, by the way.  You might want to give the new text a sanity check.