Re: Xorg server 1.7.1 spontaneously exiting with clipboard message

On 08/03/2015 22:37, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
Occasionally my X server will spontaneously exit.  This usually
happens when the computer is left unattended.  I've attached the Xwin
log file as well as my Cygwin configuration.

Thanks.

This is pretty baffling, it just looks like the X server is deciding it needs to stop.

If this happens again, can you show me the ~/.xsession-errors file as well?

Do you have a ~/.startxwinrc?  What are it's contents?

Do you think this is perhaps associated with the unattended machine turning off the monitor? Or going into sleep/hibernate?

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer