Re: File Permissions - Yet Another Question / Clarification

Greetings, Bryan Berns!

> Sorry for not being more clear -- yes, I had read the FAQ on SSH.  I
> was taking the problem up a level to the more obvious weirdness
> demonstrated by the resultant files on a simple "touch".  Why would
> Cygwin report that 'Domain Users' --- a group not in the DACL at all
> --- as being able to R/W/X on the files?

This is still not helping.
"Domain Users" is, supposedly, your user's primary group.
The group "rwx" bits are not necessarily refer to the group owner, when ACL is
present on a file. Please refer back to the FAQ and the linked documentation
entry for further explanation.

> The relevant mount is this:
> K: on /cygdrive/k type netapp (text,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)

> Note: It is indeed on a NetApp that is using NTFS mode.

NetApp drives are known to have all kind of weird behavior.
Details are in the list archives.

Also, :
> --

With best regards,