Re: diff -r won't recurse

>-----Original-Nachricht-----
>Betreff: Re: diff -r won't recurse
>Datum: Sat, 04 Apr 2015 20:29:40 +0200
>Von: "lemkemch@t-online.de" <lemkemch@t-online.de>
>An: cygwin@cygwin.com

>>Yes, that's what I expected.  And Erwin Waterlander suggested:
>>> there are no differences
>>> ;)
>>
>>I wish it were so.  Nevertheless (-s lists identical files):
>>orion> diff -q -r -s /d/Program\ Files /g/Program\ Files
>>orion>
>>
>>But
>>orion> ls /d/Program\ Files /g/Program\ Files
>>/d/Program Files:
>>7-Zip                                        GPS-Track-Analyse-6                                PlotSoft
>>... snipped.
>>
>>/g/Program Files:
>>7-Zip                                        GPS-Track-Analyse-6                                PlotSoft
>>... more snipped.
>>
>>I am sure this got something to do with this being on a cloned disk running in a XP
>>virtual machine (vmplayer on Win 8,1).
>>

>Clutching at straws (note the identical serial number, does it confuse Cygwin?):
>
> orion> /usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo.exe /g
>Device Type        : 7
>Characteristics    : 20
>Volume Name        : <ND D (HDD)>
>Serial Number      : 3357258338
>
> orion> /usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo.exe /d
>Device Type        : 7
>Characteristics    : 20
>Volume Name        : <ND D (HDD)>
>Serial Number      : 3357258338

This was it.  I changed the Volume Serial Number with a Sysinternals tool
(https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897436.aspx)
and after a reboot diff now recurses into the directories in question.

Now is this a Cygwin bug or am I doing something terribly unsupported?

Thanks,
Michael

Profitieren Sie von der sicheren E-Mail-Ãbertragung Ihrer Daten mit einer kostenlosen E-Mail-Adresse der Telekom.
www.t-online.de/email-kostenlos