Re: 1.7.35: possible backspace key and arrow keys bug

> On Apr  9 09:54, Weston Turner wrote:
>> I corroborate the original poster's experience with this issue.
>>
>> Steps to reproduce the issue: for example open a file with vim
>> under Cygwin, press: up, up, down, down, left, left, right,
>> right. Vim under Cygwin places:
>>
>> C C D D B B A A
>>
>> in the file due to the arrow keys being pressed. Vim under bash
>> on Linux or the Mac terminal does not treat the arrow keys as
>> file input, but rather simply uses them to move the cursor about
>> in the file.
>
> WJFFM, as on Linux, in command mode as well as in insert mode.

You probably have a .vimrc on Cygwin, and the same or /etc/vimrc on Linux.

The real question:

Why vim on Cygwin doesn't install, or use if you add one, /etc/vimrc?

On Linux I have one with the following contents (which fixes the
thread problem):

" Begin /etc/vimrc

set nocompatible
set backspace=2
syntax on
set background=dark
if (&term == "iterm") || (&term == "putty")
  set background=dark
endif

" End /etc/vimrc

The 5th line doesn't work with the version installed on Cygwin, so you
have to comment it; but it would be nice to also have syntax highlighting.
--
Renà Berber