Re: Cannot change console mode during usage of expect

On 4/16/2015 2:29 AM, Keith Proctor wrote:
Interesting...I found the expect executable on disk, double clicked it
and it opened a window so I typed in my original expect program
without expect -c and surrounding quotes.  I then ran it and found
the same errors.  The GetConsoleMode() and SetConsoleMode()
calls are not being allowed to exit the expect environment.

I'm not sure that the shim will work or not but I'll give it a shot.

Hi Keith,
as you are using a not-cygwin program with cygwin expect,
this reading can be useful to understand the issue
and eventually catch a solution

https://code.google.com/p/mintty/issues/detail?id=56

this one seems the most promising tool
https://github.com/rprichard/winpty