Re: "R" help leaves out lines of text

On 4/17/2015 8:57 PM, paul wrote:
Marco Atzeri <marco.atzeri <at> gmail.com> writes:
I am ramping up on the R statistical analysis environment.  I find
that the help leaves out entire lines of text.  The pager is
/usr/lib/R/bin/pager.  I changed it to /bin/less, but I see the
same symptom.  The problem shows up both in xterm and mintty.  The
computer is in a locked down environment, so a straight update of
cygwin packages is not an option.  From the R forum, the problem
might be due to improper handling of line endings by the R port to
cygwin.

Is there anything further I can try to circumvent the problem?

My version info is:

     64-bit Cygwin DLL version 1.7.28
     R version 3.0.1-1

Are the input files Unix style or DOS style ?
Can you give an example to replicate your finding ?

I can that test than if the last R-3.1.3-1 package behaves correctly
or not. R-3.0.1-1 package is almost 2 years old.

I can't actually find the help files;

the documentation is available as info files.

$ cygcheck -l R |grep info
/usr/share/info/R-admin.info.gz
/usr/share/info/R-data.info.gz
/usr/share/info/R-exts.info-1.gz
/usr/share/info/R-exts.info-2.gz
/usr/share/info/R-exts.info.gz
/usr/share/info/R-FAQ.info.gz
/usr/share/info/R-intro.info.gz
/usr/share/info/R-ints.info.gz
/usr/share/info/R-lang.info.gz

For what I can see the help data are also present.
The formatting could be better but I have no problem in reading.

If you are looking for a HTML browser help,
of course it is not configured.

Regards
Marco