Re: apr: enable threads?

On 5/21/2015 4:03 PM, David Rothenberger wrote:
> Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:

>>> The last time I tried it, the tests for subversion failed when threads
>>> were turned on in APR.
>>
>> Would you mind trying again, and let's see if we can work out any
>> issues?  The fact that httpd won't build cleanly with APR threads
>> disabled makes me worry that nobody is really supporting this
>> configuration anymore.
>>
>> Also, this would seem to indicate that we're missing something in
>> apr-util:
>>
>> configure: WARNING: Your APR does not include SSL/EVP support. To enable
>> it: configure --with-crypto
>
> Sure, I'll add it to my list of things to do, but it may take a while
> since (1) I'm very busy working 6 days a week for real job and (2)
> running the subversion tests is difficult.

I've uploaded new versions of libapr1, libaprutil1, and subversion.
libapr1 is built with threads and the subversion tests appear to pass,
or at least fail in the same way as with a libapr1 without threads.

I rebuilt libaprutil1 with the --with-crypto flag, although I'm pretty
sure it was picking up the crypto library without the flag.

Second Law of Business Meetings:
        If there are two possible ways to spell a person's name, you
        will pick the wrong one.

Corollary:
        If there is only one way to spell a name,
        you will spell it wrong, anyway.