Re: mintty project

Am 01.06.2015 um 10:36 schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
On May 31 23:15, Thomas Wolff wrote:
As a contributor to mintty, some sent me a notice discussing the move to
github (http://www.reddit.com/r/cygwin/comments/37vgwi/what_happened_to_minttys_maintainer_andy_kopp/)
and now there is already a github fork of mintty
(https://github.com/nowox/mintty/tree/master/src).
I'd like to discuss what you (cygwin maintainers and others) think of this
move, whether it's good for mintty to be hosted on github. Personally I feel
that a platform like sourceforge provides a more professional project
environment which would provide more confidence in stable project
development.
What do you think?
It's not so much the hosting service providing the upstream repository
which concerns me, it's the lack of development, the lack of a responsive
maintainer, and the lack of a new, stable mintty package.  You're in for
one of the newly created pink plush hippos if you're going to take over
mintty maintainership ;)
OK, I'll take the hippo ;) I just spoke to Andy and we agreed that I
take the maintainership for the cygwin package for the time being. He
does intend to continue to participate but isn't currently finding the
time (as many others...).

Having said that, github is ok.

Achim Gratz wrote:
... mintty already is on GitHub, in 26 different forks.
Terrible, this needs to be sorted out.
Then closest to Cygwin is the one from cygwinports (Yaakov).
Corinna wrote:
That should probably be the version going ahead with...
I'll check that out...
------
Thomas

---