Re: strftime man page is garbled

On 6/4/2015 3:18 AM, Wayne Pollock wrote:
The description section of the strftime man page is
garbled.  The first paragraph shows as this:

=============================

        into a null-terminated string, starting at S and occupying no more than
MAXSIZE characters.

           You  control the format of the output using the string at FORMAT.
literally into the formatted string, and
        time conversion specifications.  Time conversion specifications are two- and
three-character sequences  beginâ
        ning  with  ''%'' (use ''%%'' to include a percent sign in the output).  Each
defined conversion specification
        selects only the specified field(s) of calendar time data from '*TIMP', and
converts it to a string in one  of
        the following ways:

============================

In addition, none of the option letters show, only the
option descriptions.  The info node at
"info libc timefns strftime" appears to be fine.

I have cygwin-doc version 1.7.35-1.
(I have a locale of C.UTF-8, if it matters.)

Works fine for me, I have a complete man page
see attached.

looks at the output of
  man -d strftime

for any hint.