Re: [Attn. git maintainter] git is now at version 2.4.3

On 10/06/2015 06:30, Äsmail DÃnmez wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 2:12 AM, Steven Penny <<snip>> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 5:51 AM, Äsmail DÃnmez wrote:
Would it be possible to update our git version? Currently we are at
2.1.4 and upstream recently released 2.4.3.
I am all for updating Git

but 2.1.4 is only 5 month old
http://github.com/git/git/releases/tag/v2.1.4

"upstream recently released..." is not really a good reason to update, so unless
you can give one I vote -1 this request.
Cygwin always tries to be up-to-date unless there is a reason for not
to. Thats why I asked maintainer to check if its possible for an
update.
Yes. It's been on my when-I-get-around-to-it list for a while, and with a specific request I'll bump it up the queue. Should be able to kick something into shape next week (I'm away from my computer from now until Tuesday).

Unrelatedly, please configure your mailer to not quote raw email addresses, or switch to a mailer that doesn't. Per <https://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>, it's vastly useful in preventing spam harvesters.

Adam