Re: What can I do about messages bouncing - ezmlm warning

On 2015.07.02 15:29, Andrey Repin wrote:
Greetings, Ian Lambert!

>>> The error is:

>>> It looks like this might be related to DMARC. Is there anything I can
>>do
>>> about this (other than stop using yahoo) to continue receiving
>>messages
>>> from your list?
>>
>>This is yahoo server getting to you. Not RedHat one.
>>I don't see, why you are posting it to the list.

> I see the same periodically, and miss a few mails. Also, they get tagged as > spam often. Maybe cygwin.com and sourceware.org could better comply with postmaster-28 requirements?

This is not a problem of sourceware server.
He sent a letter to both list and the original message sender.
He got a reply from original sender's server that his message (in fact, his
off-list message!) was rejected.

I also get these bounces as much as every few weeks, as well as the notes from the list that messages have bounced. Every time I've tried to actually track down the cause, I've ended up rolling my eyes and eventually blaming Yahoo (which is who handles the mail for my ISP) and there is absolutely no way to find a human to even discuss this with. My best guess is that Yahoo has a reputation for not adequately clamping down on spam sent from domains it controls, so it seems to revolve in and out of various, generally short term, local blacklists. I agree it's not an issue with cygwin or sourceware.

Jack